Once you know who your audience is, it is important that you consider the various ways in which they can be reached. This could include:
• Content marketing (blog posts, podcasts, videos etc)
• Social media (networks such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn)
• Search engine marketing (understanding how to increase your visibility in search engines)
• Public relations (knowing how to generate good publicity around your brand)
• Advertising (including pay-per-click advertising on search engines)
As you can see, there is a lot that goes into a comprehensive marketing plan. However, it is not necessary to put the same amount of effort into every strategy. Understanding the various methods you can use to market you business, as well as planning out how much time you should spend on each, will optimise your marketing strategy considerably.